Classes are held on Tuesday evenings from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
These are open to all levels of ability, ages 14+.
Hallamshire Aikido Club was opened back in 1994 by its first instructor Steven Newton. The first venue was Pond Forge Sports Centre in the heart of Sheffield. The club has since had a number of homes, and has recently moved to the ‘De Hood’ boxing and fitness facility on the site of the old King Edwards Primary School at Manor Top, where it is run by Mark Headleand Sensei. (For directions to the Dojo click here.)
Our classes are held in the MMA Studio which is fully matted. Changing rooms and toilets are available within the building.
We offer two options for paying class fees:
- A cash ‘pay as you go’ option, usually better for casual or occasional members.
• Standard rate: £7 per class
• Concessionary1 rate: £5 per class
- Payment by standing order direct to the club. Better for members who wish to train consistently. Working on a calendar month basis with payment taken at or near the start of the month, please ask your instructor for payment details.
• Standard rate: £20 per month
• Concessionary1 rate: £15 per month
In addition to the reduced cost of the ‘per class’ rate, months where there are five weeks of classes rather than four are at no extra cost. Any closures such as over Christmas and Summer School would therefore be balanced out. Any sessions missed by the student will not be credited for later use/carried forward into following months.
1 Concessionary rates are available to: Under 18s, students and unwaged individuals.
Hallamshire Aikido Club is a member of Shobu Aikido UK association founded by George Forbes Sensei (7th Dan) who has been practicing and teaching Aikido for over 35 years. He has studied in Japan, Belgium, France, Spain and the U.S.A on a regular basis with many different Sensei (Teachers) but his passion is Aikido as practiced by Nobuyoshi Tamura Shihan (8th Dan).
For more information email or contact Mark on 07841 448524.